After reading David’s post regarding creativity, I have remembered a very interesting article I found some time ago called “The Six Myths of Creativity” written by Bill Breen. The six myths described in this article are:
- Creativity Comes From Creative Types
- Money Is a Creativity Motivator
- Time Pressure Fuels Creativity
- Fear Forces Breakthroughs
- Competition Beats Collaboration
- A Streamlined Organization Is a Creative Organization
I think the first one is the most important one, as everyone is born creative, it is just that we forget how to do it while growing up! Thus, creativity should be practiced and encouraged in organizations, as 200.000+ creativity-empowered employees of a corporation can come up with more and probably better ideas than 10 “supercreative” people.
I have read some interesting books on this subject so if anyone wants to hear about them, just leave me a comment and I will write about them in another post.